I felt like making bread for dinner so I chose the recipe that said "Best Home Made Bread" that was in my recipe holder. It said to start with the yeast which was 5 TBS. I thought it was a lot but didn't think much of it so I started that going. Next was the 6 C of warm milk. Again, I thought a lot but poured it and got it warming, then read the recipe. What made me question it? There weren't any eggs in it. I called my mom to make sure I read it right. That is when I flipped the card over and it said it makes about 5 loaves. A lot more than my wanted one. I had too much going to stop, so I made it... and a huge mess to go along with it. There was so much dough that I had to separate it into two batches.

Not thinking yeast rises, this is what the second part looked like by the time I was ready for it.

This is just the first half of dough.

I also need to go back to my mom to learn how to make a loaf. I made some way too big, as you can see they cooked together.

Dough and flour was all over me, the mixer, counter tops and floor (no exaggeration) but the bread was tasty, and now have bread to either give away or freeze for later.
Oh and my batch made 6 loaves. Had I have done all the same size loaves, it probably would have been 7. And the lesson learned... read the whole recipe card BEFORE you start working on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment