Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Project

Not sure when, in my right mind, I thought it was a good idea to make a quilt, but I did. After we painted the room I wanted to make a quilt. About a month later I got the fabric and cut it. Now, like 2 or 3...or more months later I finally decided to sew it, and it has been, well interesting. I couldn't get the pieces to match up completely so I improvised. This was my improv for the pattern. I guess at least its meant to be random.
I sewed most of it and found out that the sides were too short, so more improv. I actually didn't like how it looked at all. I added the black ribbon, and I really think it pulled it all together.
So too much improv can lead to mistakes. Literally the last pieces didn't match up. The first small rectangle piece is the hole. I got that small piece on and went to close it up and for some reason looked at it wrong and cut fabric, and made another hole... yes another one, hence the other long rectangle piece. This just about did me in. I was so annoyed, but continued on.
Here is the top. The ribbon looks nice, but it took forever.Now I get to try to figure out how to sew the top to batting and a bottom... wish me luck.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like it... The ribbon and the black really added a nice touch.