Friday, June 3, 2011

Jackson Bradley Barnes

He is here! Jackson Bradley Barnes was born May 31 at 11:36 A.M. He weighed 8 lbs 15 oz and was 21.5 inch long. Jackson has a Barnes head. I guess you know its big when everyone in the room, even the anesthesiologist comment how big it is. He came out screaming and didn't really stop for long until they brought him back to me in recovery. I could always tell when they were bringing him back to my room, I could hear him screaming down the hall. Jackson doesn't like to be disturbed, and when he is he lets you know he isn't happy about it at all. As I'm typing this he is screaming because he pooped and Brad is changing him.
Yep, this was his face most of the morning.


He is really cute. It stinks a little that this was all I could hold him for a while, but I was just glad he was here.


A small second where he wasn't crying.


Brad is such a great dad. He loves to hold him and just watch him.


He looks a lot like Emery and Camden when they were younger. I love his chubby face.


I was so ready and happy to be going home. Three days is a long time in the hospital.


He is happy to be home too. The kids like talking to him and he will sit and look at them sometimes. He does sleep a lot, which is nice.


Beck really likes him. He wants to hold Jackson and help with him. Beck was excited to pick his clothes out when he got home. Beckham also worries if Jackson cries too much.


Camden doesn't seem to care too much either way. He likes Jackson, but doesn't really care either way about him. It was interesting for all the kids to finally see and figure out how Jackson was fed by mom, and they still look at me a little weird when I feed him. Beck said I was like a cow... I guess it's right, just not a great thing to hear.


Since we had twins first we had two bouncy seats. I got them down to clean them and Emery thought she needed one. It's not a huge deal, so Emery's is blue and Jackson's is green. I must admit, an adult seat like this would be sweet to have. She loves Jackson. Emery will give him kisses all the time and also toys.


It has been an interesting and long week, which I'll explain soon, but this is Cam after his appointment. They got stickers and he decided his body was the best place for all of them.


This was taken today. It's crazy how fast they change.



So for the birth story and crazy week. I went in Tuesday at 10 and the Dr's wanted to do the C-Section sooner, which I wasn't opposed to, so we got ready a little faster and had him sooner. As I said he cried a lot and didn't and still doesn't like to be disturbed. On Wednesday I got this horrible headache. I don't get them too much and this one killed, so I had to say something. It turned out to be a spinal headache and their recommendation was the drink caffeine. The pop worked pretty well and I felt fine. Thursday we went home, which I was so happy for, but for some reason I get emotional after having boys. I was really bad with Cam and Beck, nothing with Emery and then again with Jackson. I'm not sad or depressed, I just cry for no reason. Brad thought it was a little funny because I told him he can't touch me, it starts it up. We were talking just fine in the car, so he rubbed my hand and I started to cry. Not sure why or what makes me to that, but he got a good laugh. (I'm better now, he can touch me and I don't cry). Starting just after we got home I started to get another headache. Brad went and got me pop, but it wasn't working. If I laid down it was fine, but every time I sat up to feed Jackson it got worse and worse. Jackson slept pretty well that night though. He woke up about every two hours and sometimes once an hour, lets just hope he still does as well tonight. This morning I woke up and couldn't handle my head. I took pain meds then gave me and nothing. I tried to lay down but when I tried to sit up I felt like my head may explode. This was the worst pain I have ever had. We were told to go to the ER and a Dr would have to fix it. So at 10 we went. Brad is such a great dad and my mom is a ton of help because they both were running around like crazy today. I had to go to get an Epidural blood patch, and at 1 Cam and Beck had a well child check and Jackson had a weight and color check. I guess good thing they were in he same building, just different sides of it. My blood patch is where they take my blood and use the same needle/method they do for an epidural and insert my blood back onto my spine to stop it from leaking fluid and relieve pressure (the reason I had the headaches) So far it's worked, I just hope it stays like this, I can not handle headaches like that again. The boys did great at their appointments. Camden is 32 lbs and 40 inches. Beck is 50 lbs and 46 inches. They defiantly are very different. I was hoping to go, but thankfully Brad and my mom were able to go. The boys had to get 4 shots each and Camden was lucky one to go first, which Beck had to watch and freaked out knowing what was coming his way. It may have been better I wasn't there, I know I would have cried. The gave the kids lots of stickers and cookies and on our way out of the hospital they even had a little stuffed moose for the kids to take, so they were OK with their shots after that. It has been crazy and long and painful and emotional and well pretty much any feeling you can thing of the past 4 days. I hope tomorrow is calmer and we all feel well. Were so happy Jackson is here with us. I'm excited to see his personality grow and see how him and the other kids become friends.

No comments: