Yesterday was Emery's 3rd B-day. I can't believe she is already 3, although she acts like she is much older than that. She is a sassy girl but also very cute. She is a bully to the boys. She may be small but she knows how to boss them around. Camden and Emery should not be left alone, they fight non-stop. She likes to hear him cry and so she tries to bug him a lot. Emery knows how to get whatever she wants out of her dad, but I think that's just a daughter thing, I was the same way. Emery loves to give hugs and kisses, sometimes too much. The boys usually don't like it, then she gets mad at them. The other day she had been hanging on me all day and I just wanted to be left alone for a little bit so I told her to stop and go play. Well she got upset and started to cry and said "but you're my friend." Yeah I felt like crap and gave her a hug. She is helpful with Jackson, a little too helpful. She is like Camden was at this age and she doesn't like to eat. It is a fight every meal to get her to eat. When she was a baby she was easy going. Once she noticed the boys doing things, she had to be the same way. She sat up fast and loved to watch the boys play. When she noticed the boys got to sleep together, she wouldn't sleep in her own room, and she didn't want her crib. Emery didn't really care about walking though. She was a little over one before she even tried to walk, but once she did she was off and bugging the boys, and is still bugging them now. Emery is really girly, or at least more than I ever was. She likes her hair done, nail painted, chap-stick on and she loves to shop and pick out clothes. Emery always wants to help. Anytime I start making anything she asks to help me out. She loves to sing and dance.When we are in the car she won't let Brad sing to girl songs. She was excited for her birthday, but not like the boys have been. They asked constantly about it for weeks, she didn't really even ask about it much that day. We let her pick out where she wanted to go for lunch, she choose Round Circle, aka Arctic Circle.
For her party we just did a family one and actually had a lot of people show up. Heidi and Chuck, Brad's brother and sister, happened to be in town so they came, along with the family that lives in Twin. She is a little like me and doesn't like the spotlight when a lot of people are over. She got really shy when we sang to her and when she was opening presents. Grandma Arrington helped her with her candles.My sister-in-law made the cup cakes. I told her just to do whatever and I think they turned out really cute. Emery loved them.
She did what most 3 year olds do, opened one and threw it to the side and went to the next, but she has spent all last night and today so far playing with all her new toy. She had a blast last night.
When we asked her today how old she was she said 2. We may have to work on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment