Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New Rooms and Other Things

Beckham has asked to have his own room for a while now. I'm not sure what started this idea, but he really wanted it. Since I don't want any one sleeping with Jacks and we don't have an extra room it meant someone would have to sleep with Emery. She loved that idea but the boys weren't so sure at first. Camden said he would share with her and so we moved things around. Now Emery and Cam are in the same room and Beck has his own. It's also the toy room now, so he can't keep everyone out all the way. The first night both boys ended up on the couch, so I told Beck that Camden would be put back in the room if he kept sleeping on the couch and he hasn't come out since. I'm sure there will be nights where Camden gets to sleep alone, but for now he's fine sleeping with someone since he gets scared more often than Beck does. 

This past weekend Brad and I went to Boise, without kids. It was so nice, but also weird. It was the first time I have left Jacks overnight, so that was a little weird, but it had to be done sometime. He did get a little fever, but with meds he was fine and he actually slept pretty much all night. It was nice to go to dinner and not have to make sure the kids ate and didn't bug too many people. Then we went movie hopping, which is impossible with kids. I sat through a whole movie and didn't have to take anyone to the bathroom once! We also went shopping and only got the kids one thing. We usually get them a ton of things, but our goal was to shop for us. While I love my kids more than anything, it is so nice and needed to get away every once in a while. It think we'll have to make this a tradition to do each year. 
I am done with school for the semester. It's nice to be done and it nice that I don't have class 3 times a week. Emery started to ask why I always leave her... not the best thing to hear, but one day, when I finally am done, it will be worth it. Now I get to prepare for next semester. 

No comments: