Monday, May 9, 2011

The Boys Are 5!

It's hard to believe that 5 years ago the boys were this small. I still remember most of that day really well. It does not seem like it was that long ago. I think I was more nervous to get the spinal than I was to be having twin babies. They were the best twins and some of the biggest I've heard of. I had 13 lbs 6 oz of just baby. It has been a fun and interesting 5 years and I know the fun is just beginning.
This was their cake this year. I think they were more excited for it than anything else. When they look at cakes at stores they always want the toys from them, so we went to the $1 store and got a few toys to put on their cake. I told Beck this morning he was 5. He said "How, I haven't had my cake yet?"


Beck: He was the smaller born but caught up really fast, maybe in a month he was bigger. He had to be held when he was a newborn at first, then around 3 or 4 months didn't like to be held a ton. All Beck wanted to do was play and he is the same now. He loves to build things with blocks and help Brad anytime he is putting things together. Beck is very loving, but he has to be the one to initiate it, so if he wants to hug you he will, but if you ask for one, he will most likely just stand next to you. He is easy going. If he has a bad day you know because it's weird for him to get upset. He is like me, Kilie,when I was younger and he hates being in trouble. If he thinks he hurt you or did something wrong he gets really sad. Right now he follows everything I do. I like a song, he loves it, I eat something, he wants that for lunch too. He also has been drawing pictures of me and him and asking how to spell love. It's so sweet to see when he does that. Beck will be a protector, you don't mess with his brother and sister, he will say something to you. (He's done it a few times at parks with Emery). He is like my brother Bryan. Bryan and I were always friends growing up and he would play dolls with me and paint nails. Beck will play with Emery for hours with her doll houses.

Cam: He is the older brother even though no one thinks he is. Most people think he is a year younger. Cam slept the first 4-6 months of his life and still he needs his sleep. Cam has a contagious laugh and smile and when he is in a good mood and happy, he is so much fun to be around. He is motherly and likes to help and tell everyone else what to do. Cam is also very sweet and kind. He likes to be your friend and make you laugh. His funny faces are interesting, but they do make you laugh. Camden is quiet a lot and wont ask for attention but probably needs it more than the other kids. He can be a little touchy at times, and that may be putting it lightly. Cam definitely has Irish in him and is really really really stubborn. We butt heads a lot because we are both the same that way. Camden is like his dad and is good at figuring this out. One day he just started adding and subtracting, not knowing he was. He can figure out games really fast and is good at most of them. The only problem is he would rather stay inside and play with the computer or the iTouch. Cam also loves to draw. He could spend hours making something on paper and he is so excited about what he has done when he is done with it. Our fridge is covered with his art work. Cam can make the most interesting noises, spend 20 min at our house and you are likely to hear a few of them. He has a filler word, Chuddie. We don't know where it came from, but he says it all the time. Cam and Emery are like my brothers Paul and Scott, they will probably never be able to stay home alone together, they fight all the time, but I'm sure someday they will be best friends like my brother are now. Camden and Beckham are best friends... well most of the time. They don't know what to do when the other one isn't there. If I take just one of them out with me, they always think of the other one and want to bring them back something. Twins were easier to me than the single baby for the reason they always had each other. Since they could sit up they played with each other and kept each other busy. Part of me always hoped we would have twin again.

For their b-day this year we just did a family night. They got to pick dinner, which was Arctic Circle, then they wanted to go and get a movie from Hastings. When we got home they got their cakes and were excited to have the toys on them. They don't really get that they are twins, they just know they have the same birthday and it's not weird to them at all.

Emery didn't like today a whole lot. She couldn't get why the boys got presents and she didn't. We let her blow out candles too, which made her a little happier.

Now I get to hear the boys ask every day if Jackson is going to come soon, which I hope so, I'm ready for Jackson to be here.

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

Sounds like a wonderful Birthday bash! Happy birthday boys!!!