I have never been so nervous and excited at the same time as I am now. Today my letter for the Surgical Technology program came. I honestly didn't think I would get in this year, and was expecting a 'no.' Had I have thought I was going to get in I would have checked the mail everyday since my interview waiting for the letter. Brad got the mail today and brought the letter in. When I opened it and saw that it said "Congratulations" I was shocked, I still am shocked. I am so excited that I got in and I'm finally working towards a useful degree. I can't wait to be in surgeries and experience all that there is to see there. I am so scared at the same time. This is real. It's a real program that has a set schedule and time limit that you have to do things. I have been so used to taking classes when I want and now the whole set schedule scared me, especially with kids still home during the day. I know it will all work out, I know that this was meant to happen for me at this time. I was talking to my mom the other day and she said that she could look back and see how different experiences prepared her for the job she has now. I probably never would have even applied for the program had I have not taken the Anatomy Lab that I did this past semester. There was a girl there who I was able to talk to about it and she helped me get the nerves to apply. (she was on the waiting list the year before and knew how it all went) Even though I had a negative outlook on me getting into the program, I was really at peace with however it went. I knew that if I was meant to be in then I would be lead to say the right things in my interview. While I am so nervous, this is one of the first semesters in a long time I can't wait to get to school. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment